Emails are an integral part of everyday automation processes across industries. In general, a RPA process may require conversion of email files to other formats. These activities come in handy when a bot tries to convert .eml to .msg file and .msg to .eml file, without the need to open an email on UI. This works irrespective of whether the Outlook application is installed in the target system or not.
A typical use case scenario would include an email i.e., (.eml or .msgfile) and a requirement of converting it to other formats i.e., .msg or .eml file respectively and saving into a user specified location. These saved emails, in .msg or .eml format, can then be used for later pieces of automation for various purposes like keeping records, uploading to a Document Management System like SharePoint or sending as an attachment through emails etc.
This package consists of the following activities:
This activity helps in converting the locally saved .eml file to .msg file and saves into a user-specified location.
· Eml File Path: Full path of the email (.eml file).
· Output Folder Path: Path of the folder where .msg file is to be saved after conversion.
· Msg File Name: File name of the email (.msg file) that is to be saved into a specified location.
This activity converts a locally saved .msg file to .eml file and saves into a user-specified location.
· Msg File Path: Full path of the email (.msg file).
· Output Folder Path: Path of the folder where .eml file is to be saved after conversion.
· Eml File Name: File name of the email (.eml file) that is to be saved into a specified location.
If the user-defined location does not exist, then these activities create folders and save the converted .msg or .eml file to that location.